For the 2015-2016 Academic year, annual tuition and mandatory fees (assuming 15 credit
hours in the fall and spring semesters) is approximately $8,196 for Utah residents
and $26,022 for out-of-state residents. Lower out-of-state tuition (equal to in-state
plus 50%) is available to residents of the 15 western states participating in the
Western Undergraduate Exchange Program. Students are also encouraged to apply for financial aid and university scholarships.
The College of Mines and Earth Sciences and the Department of Atmospheric Sciences offer a number of undergraduate scholarships including:
- Departmental Full Tuition Waiver
- Kennecott Meritorious Scholarship
- The Shih-Kung Kao Scholarship
- The Hazen H. Bedke Scholarship
- The George and Christine Wilkerson Endowed Scholarship
- Department Gift Scholarship
- Alumni Scholarship
- Dean's Office Scholarships
All Atmospheric Sciences Departmental scholarships require a minimum GPA of 3.0, full-time enrollment (12 credits or more), and a declared major of Atmospheric Sciences. Declared majors who would like to be considered for departmental scholarships must fill out an application form. The form and a current resume must be submitted to the Department office by February 15 in order for the student to be eligible. The scholarship committee meets at the end of March to decide on scholarships for the following academic year. Students will be notified of scholarship awards prior to the end of the spring semester.
Incoming freshmen will be considered for Departmental scholarships providing that they meet all of the following conditions:
- The application for admission to the university has been accepted by February 1
- The student has officially declared themselves as an Atmospheric Sciences major
- The student has an outstanding high school GPA and/or ACT scores
- The student has made contact with one of the academic advisors
The advisors reserve the right to request additional information from incoming freshman applicants.For further information regarding departmental scholarships please contact the advisors by sending an email message firstname.lastname@example.org or call the department at (801) 581-6136.